Once upon a time, in the year 1999, we founded our company, Destination, in Bordeaux as two keen travellers and lovers of authentic flavours, eager to let others discover organic products. Here, you can leaf through the first few pages of our travel diary, and to find out what we’ve been up to lately, follow us on our social networks.
DESTINATION : OUR STORY, OUR EXPEDITIONS
Destination is the story of a French brand with expert knowledge in organic coffee and tea. Since its inception, Destination has been exploring the sun-kissed, verdant lands of the world, in taking up the challenge of facilitating consumer access to top-quality, organic and eco-friendly coffee and tea.
THE FIRST STEPS OF OUR GREAT ORGANIC ADVENTURE
Since 1999, we have been seeking out the best organic coffee beans, tea leaves, cocoa beans and cane sugars in the four corners of the globe, to share our discoveries with you of some of the most wonderful natural aromas and fragrances on the planet.
On this amazing quest, we have roamed the coffee fields, tea gardens, and cocoa and cane sugar plantations across the whole world, meeting with producers from Asia, Africa and Latin America, forging strong social bonds and fair-trade exchanges with them.
RESPECT FOR PRODUCERS AND PRODUCTS
True to our commitments, we have made the choice to work exclusively with partners who practise organic, fair and sustainable farming, using gentle harvesting methods, such as fine-plucking tea leaves, in keeping with local traditions and upholding proper working conditions.
At our facility in Bordeaux, our team is dedicated to carrying on the traditional French savoir-faire of artisanal coffee roasting, slowly and at low temperatures, in order to preserve all the natural aromas of our organic coffee beans.
THE CRAZE FOR ORGANIC PRODUCTS BY DESTINATION
Right from the initial release of Destination’s organic products, you as customers have made no mistake, in appreciating the authentic flavours of our organic coffees and organic teas with minimal processing and maximum flavours and aromas. When we started distributing our products to organic food stores, we were met with rapid success !
Acclaimed by organic connoisseurs, taste travellers and curious newbies, we are now the number 1 brand for organic coffee* and in 3rd position among the top producers of organic tea*.
*source : Bio Analytics, May 2019
DESTINATION IN A FEW KEY DATES
Here are a few key moments in the Destination journey :
- 1999 : The Destination brand is launched and our products are distributed for the first time at organic food stores.
- 2005 : We are awarded the Saveurs d’Europe (Flavours of Europe) Marianne trophy for our organic coffee and organic tea ranges.
- 2009 : Destination’s first website goes online.
- 2014 : Our e-commerce online shop is launched, allowing for wider distribution of our organic products.
- 2015 : In celebration of our 15th anniversary, our roasting and packaging unit undergoes a total renovation and upgrade.
- 2016 : Destination joins the Bjorg, Bonneterre and Company Group, a renowned, major international player in organic produce and within our food sector.
- 2018 : Destination’s design is given a facelift.
- 2019 : Our organic coffee capsules are named as Best Organic Product 2020.
If you wish to discover new taste destinations, to join us on our global expeditions through authentic flavours and to help us write the next pages of our great travel diary, don’t hesitate to follow us in real time on social media !